lichess.org
Donate

Atomic960-Tournament Third Edition EDITED RULES

Below you will find the modified rules for the event. Any questions about the rules can be posted in this thread!

Entrants:
• Your rating must be established (if there is a ? behind your rating it is not) at the time of registration
• You should have an account on chessvariants.training and write your name there with the registration
• You can only register with one account, if you register with multiple accounts you will be removed from the Tournament.
• You can not enter with an account marked for using computer assistance or rating manipulation.
• You can register by writing in this thread until 16 January 2021.

Tournament:

The Tournament will be a simple Knockout-Tournament:
• Each match will have 8 games with the time control 5+2 with each position played twice (the website we play on will do this by default)
• The results of the matches need to be sent to the TD after the match
• After 4 games the starting player for a position will be changed (unless both players agree to not do so). So you will need to set up a new seek so the player that had white in the first two positions first now gets black first in the last 2 positions.
• If one player reaches 4.5 points, the player can stop the match, but they can continue if they like
• If there is a tie after 8 games (with changing the player playing white first for a position after game 4) there will be a tiebreak consisting of 2 games 5+2 (with the lower seeded player choosing which color to play first!). If the match is still tied after those there will be another two games of 5+2. If the match is still tied there will one two more 5+2 games and after that there will be 1+0 games (in pairs of 2) until there is a winner (problem is that only playing one game can be very unfair when position is very good for white)
• A player can request a maximum of two breaks lasting 10minutes during the match.
• Every player has the right to get 1 minute before starting the game, so they can see the position and think about strategies (so only start the game if both players agree in chat or after 1 minute)
• The tournament draw will be like in the AtomicWC, so the 1st seed will play the last and so on.
• The match times will be negotiated by the players. Each player has to offer at least 3 different times where they can play by Wednesday.
• If you finished your round and your next opponent did aswell feel free to play your game faster than the time-table.

I hope you all will enjoy this format and we will see some nice Atomic960-games!
Message to all players on 17. January:

Hey all,

first of all, thank you all for signing up for the third Edition of the Atomic960-Tournament. This is by far the biggest of these events with 65 participants! The registration did end and now the event can begin! You can find the brackets with your matches here: challonge.com/de/Atomic960Ed3

Because we are over 64 people in this event there is the need of play one game between the last two seeds to then start the event. Every round lasts for one week. Because of that one game in round 1 the most of you will have more time for their first game (since most matches in round 2 are already known. Please play your games until 31. January. Message your opponents until Wednesday. If you contacted your opponent and got no answer until Thursday, please contact me.

Another little change to the rules is: The last editions of this tournament there was a change in who play white first after the first 4 games to make it more fair. This still is the rule. But if both players agree they don‘t want/need that, they can just play on without changing the starting player for a position after the first 4 games.

If you have any questions about the rules I did put this message + the final rules in this thread, were you can ask anything: lichess.org/forum/team-atomic960-tournament/atomic960-tournament-third-edition-edited-rules

Please post the times of your games and the results into this thread: lichess.org/forum/team-atomic960-tournament/atomic960-tournament-third-edition-results

Feel free to ask any questions. I hope i thought of everything, but if something is unclear I might send another message. Else I will try to keep the messages few and only send one at the start of every new round. Make sure to check the rules-thread if something is unclear and ask!
So the second round is "please play your matches by February 7", and feel free to schedule ahead / play faster, if I understand correctly.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.