lichess.org
Donate

Most natural talent ever, living or dead. Fictional time travel tournament 2026. Who wins?

morphy would probably die of heart attack discovering he can find pictures of womens shoes to a nearly infinite amount by simply going on the internet

bobby would most likely be busy running facebook conspiracy theory groups so he is out as well

so by applying simple logic we come to the conclusion that if ivanchuck had some consistency he would undoubtedly have been the best ever
<Comment deleted by user>
<Comment deleted by user>
My guess:

1. Magnus Carlsen
2. Garry Kasparov
3. Robert Fischer
4. Emanuel Lasker
5. José Raúl Capablanca

But it's very unlikely that this would be the exact result of the tournament.
I’m gonna go with the following

1.) Capablanca
A motivated capablanca would be insanely good. In real life he was very lazy compared to his contemporaries and preferred nights on the town as opposed to studying chess. If he buckled down and put 8 hours per day for 5 years, with access to engines, books and internet resources, he would be scary good. Alekhine once commented on Capa’s ridiculous talent for chess comprehension, and I have no reason to doubt Alekhine’s assessment.

2.) Morphy
I think he would adjust to modern chess and still be fantastic. I see him as a super strong Shirov or a strong Kasparov with a potentially higher ceiling. Dynamic play is still his bread and butter.

3.) Carlsen
I think such an event would be fresh inspiration for him. He would come to the tournament filled with new ideas while most of the others would be playing catch up.

4,) Fischer
Extensive training with engines would be huge for him. Fischer is the hardest one to plot on this list, as he could range anywhere from first to not showing up.

5.) Kasparov
Such an incredible fighter. He is going to be a force to be reckoned with as always.
1) Fischer (no doubt ,of course :P )
2) Capablanca
3)Morphy
4)Carlsen
5)Kasparov
maybe Max Deutsch can defeat everyone... if given that he gets the championship again..which he got on 1st April by defeating magnus :/

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.